Foundation of Culture and Heritage of Polish Armenians Statute
The Foundation shall possess legal personality.
The Foundation’s name shall be legally registered.
The seat of the Foundation shall be Warsaw.
The area of the Foundation’s activity shall be the territory of the Republic of Poland and foreign countries.
The Foundation may use signs and seals according to rules specified in specific regulations.
Objectives and Principles of the Foundation
The objectives of the Foundation shall be as follows:
Managing the entrusted and obtained by the Foundation heritage of the former Kresy (Borderlands) of the Rzeczpospolita, with particular consideration of the Polish Armenian heritage,
Taking care of the heritage of the former Kresy (Borderlands) of the Rzeczpospolita, with particular consideration of the Polish Armenian heritage,
Promotion of culture and history of the former Kresy (Borderlands) of the Rzeczpospolita, with particular consideration of the Polish Armenian culture, history and religious practices.
The Foundation shall implement its statutory objectives by:
Gathering and cataloguing cultural goods coming from the former Kresy (Borderlands) of the Rzeczpospolita, with particular consideration of goods regarding the Polish Armenian culture and religious practices,
Conservation goods coming from the former Kresy (Borderlands) of the Rzeczpospolita, with particular consideration of goods regarding the Polish Armenian culture and religious practices,
Making the gathered collections available to the interested entities, for religious practices, research, popularisation and exhibition purposes,
Granting scholarships to people active on popularizing of former Kresy (Borderlands) of the Rzeczpospolita, with particular consideration of the Polish Armenian cultural and religious grounds,
Scientific activity, conference organization in particular,
The Foundation shall not conduct business activity.
Foundation’s assets and income
The Foundation assets shall comprise of the Founding Fund which amounts to PLN 5,000 and other funds, real estates and movables acquired by the Foundation during its activity.
The Foundation revenues may come, in particular, from:
Gifts, legacies, bequests,
Subventions, grants from Polish and foreign legal persons,
Incomes from collections and public events,
Incomes from real estates and movables.
In case of appointing the Foundation to inherit, the Management Board shall submit a declaration of acceptance of inheritance up to the level of net assets, and only if at the moment of submission of the declaration it is clear that the assets value is significantly higher than the inherited debt.
1. Possessions called Heritage of Polish Armenians shall be separated from the Foundation’s assets.
2. The separation shall take place by placing the assets by the Council on the Heritage of Polish Armenians assets list.
3. The Heritage of Polish Armenians cannot be neither alienated nor encumbered.
4. Assets cannot be removed from the Heritage of Polish Armenians assets list.
5. The list of assets of Heritage of Polish Armenians shall be open access.
Bodies of the Foundation
The bodies of the Foundation shall be: the Foundation Council and the Management Board.
1. The Foundation Council, hereinafter referred to as the ‘Council’, shall consist of three lay persons and three clergymen, faithful of the Latin or Armenian Rite of the Catholic Church.
2. The tenure of the members of the Council members shall run for 9 years, subject to § 38.
3. Every 3 years, two of the Council members shall be replaced.
4. Membership shall terminate in case of written resignation.
5. Council members shall be appointed by the current Ordinary of the Armenian Catholics, hereinafter referred to as the ‘Ordinary’, upon an application of the Council members.
6. One may be reappointed as a Council member.
The Council shall be a supreme body, with propositional and supervisory powers.
1. The Council shall elect the Council’s Chairman out of its members.
2. The Council’s Chairman shall be approved by the Ordinary.
3. Council members shall perform their functions voluntarily.
The Council shall meet on sessions, which shall take place at least once a year.
During the Council’s sessions a Management Board member may be present without the right to vote.
Resolutions of the Council shall be passed by the absolute majority of the votes. In the event of a tie, the Council’s Chairman shall have the casting vote.
The scope of the Council’s duties shall comprise:
1) Putting forward proposals regarding the Foundation’s activity,
2) Giving opinion on cases submitted by the Management Board,
3) Reviewing Management Board’s annual reports,
4) Undertaking liabilities on the behalf of the Foundation, which value exceeds PLN 10,000,
5) Taking decisions regarding changes to the Statute of the Foundation or the Foundation’s liquidation,
6) Approving reports submitted by the Management Board to the supervisory authorities,
7) Reviewing long-term and annual plans of the Foundation’s activities.
A person convicted under a final and valid sentence criminal offence due to intentional quilt cannot be the Council member. Council members cannot be members of the Management Board.
The Foundation’s Management Board shall consist of 3 members appointed by the Council for a three-year term of office.
The Management Board shall elect from among its members the President, Vice-president and Secretary of the Foundation.
The Management Board shall take decisions in all matters which are not restricted exclusively for the competences of the Council.
In particular, the Management Board:
1) represents the Foundation in its external relations,
2) manages the Foundation’s assets,
3) accepts subventions, grants, donations, legacies and bequests,
4) adopts the Foundation’s annual and long-term plans,
5) prepares the Foundation’s annual activity reports.
1. The members of the Management Board shall perform their functions voluntarily.
2. The members of the Management Board shall be entitled to a reimbursement of expenses incurred in connection with the performance of their functions.
3. The Management Board shall include incurred expenses referred to in section 2 to the annual report which shall be presented to the Council.
Resolutions of the Management Board shall be passed by the absolute majority of the votes.
Declarations of will on the behalf of the Foundation shall be made by the President of the Management Board or by a member of the Management Board authorised by the President.
Amendments to the Statute and Liquidation of the Foundation
Amendments to the Foundation’s Statute or liquidation of the Foundation shall be decided by the Council at full attendance. Decision amendment to the Foundation’s Statute or liquidation of Foundation shall be approved by the Ordinary.
The Foundation shall undergo liquidation in the case of achieving its objectives or exhaustion of Foundation’s property and financial assets.
The assets remaining after liquidation the Foundation shall be transferred, subject to Law of Foundations, article 5 section 4 (Dz. U. 1984 Nr 21 poz.97) to the institutions with convergent objectives.
The Statute, after previous approval by the Ordinary, shall take effect on the day of registering in the National Court Register.
The first members of the Council shall be appointed by the Ordinary upon an application by the Council appointed by the Decree of the Primate of Poland of June 8, 2005.
First members of the Council shall be appointed by the Ordinary for: 3 years term – two members, 6 years term – two members, 9 years term – two members.